Our team of highly skilled and experienced emergency doctors and nurses focus on a rapid and thorough assessment of each pet’s condition and will address the most critical needs urgently. We recognize that each pet and pet owner is different and what qualifies as an emergency to each individual can vary. At Allied it is our policy that if you are concerned enough to seek our help we are happy to provide it in any way we can. From minor ailments to the most life-threatening medical and surgical emergencies, you can count on Allied for exceptional care. The following is a list of the types of conditions we frequently treat as well as some of our advanced therapies.
- Emergency stabilization
- Toxicity and poisonings
- Bite wounds and other traumatic injury (hit by car)
- Urinary obstruction in cats
- Bloat or foreign body ingestion
- Acute or chronic debilitating disease processes including:
- Diabetes, kidney failure, congestive heart failure, and pancreatitis
- Transfusion therapy - red blood cells, plasma
- Emergency surgical procedures and anesthetic monitoring
- Oxygen and respiratory therapy
- Nutritional support - feeding tube placement, IV nutrition
- Advanced pain management
We strive to offer sophisticated diagnostics while maintaining a down to earth approach to care. Our hospital is equipped with our own in house laboratory including:
- IDEXX Procyte CBC – evaluates red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets
- IDEXX Catalyst blood chemistry analyzer – analyzing organ function such as kidney, liver, pancreas, as well as electrolyte balance
- Coagulation testing – function of the ability to clot blood normally
- Blood gas analysis – analysis of function of the respiratory system and acid base balance
In addition to the ability to perform in house lab testing, Allied is proud to offer both digital x-ray as well as diagnostic ultrasound. Our Sound-Eklin x-ray system is designed specifically for the needs of a veterinary office. The high quality digital image assists our doctors with a diagnosis, and also allows for sharing of the digital image with you, your veterinarian, as well as board certified radiologists to aid with review and confirmation of the diagnosis.
Our GE Logiq-e ultrasound can be utilized for abdominal as well as cardiac imaging procedures. Equally important, we have doctors with advanced training and experience with ultrasound who can confidently and correctly interpret the findings.
If your pet requires hospitalization, Allied offers a state of the art Intensive Care Unit (ICU) with advanced monitoring capabilities, an array of therapies, and all designed with the comfort of your pet in mind. The patients in our ICU are under the most careful observation and have a doctor and ICU nurse by their side throughout their stay.
Specialty and Referral Service
In the fall of 2013 Allied added a daytime specialty and referral service to compliment their long-standing emergency pet care making Allied Tallahassee's first and only 24 hour referral and emergency care facility.