24 HR. EMERGENCY CARE
Allied Veterinary team of professional and highly experienced emergency doctors and nurses provide a thorough diagnosis of each pet’s condition. We understand that each pet, owner, and situation are different and should be treated as such. We also understand that what qualified as an emergency to each pet can vary. You can count on us to take the best care of possible of your pet. We treat the following conditions and also practice the following treatments:
- Emergency stabilization
- Toxicity and poisonings
- Bite wounds and another traumatic injury (hit by car)
- Urinary obstruction in cats
- Bloat or foreign body ingestion
- Acute or chronic debilitating disease processes including:
- Diabetes, kidney failure, congestive heart failure, and pancreatitis
- Transfusion therapy – red blood cells, plasma
- Emergency surgical procedures and anesthetic monitoring
- Oxygen and respiratory therapy
- Nutritional support – feeding tube placement, IV nutrition
- Advanced pain management
- Snakebite Envenomization
We strive to provide the best protection and care possible. Our hospital is equipped with our own laboratory including:
- DEXX Procyte CBC – evaluates red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets
- IDEXX Catalyst blood chemistry analyzer – analyzing organ function such as kidney, liver, pancreas, as well as electrolyte balance
- Coagulation testing – function of the ability to clot blood normally
- Blood gas analysis – analysis of function of the respiratory system and acid-base balance
In addition to providing in-house lab testing, Allied Veterinary is proud to offer both digital x-ray as well as diagnostic ultrasound. Our Sound-Eklin x-ray system is designed specifically for the needs of our veterinary office. The image high-quality digital image provides the following benefits
- Allows for sharing of the digital image with you.
- Allows for sharing of the digital image with our team.
- Allows for sharing with to aid with review board-certified radiologists to aid in the review of the diagnosis.
If your pet requires hospitalization, Allied offers a state of the art Intensive Care Unit (ICU) with advanced monitoring capabilities, a large number of therapies, with a focus on your pet’s comfort. Our patients in our ICU are under the most careful observation and have a doctor and ICU nurse by their side throughout their stay.
SPECIALTY AND REFERRAL SERVICE
In the fall of 2013, Allied Veterinary added a daytime specialty and referral service to complement their exceptional emergency pet care. We are proud to be Tallahassee’s first and only 24-hour referral and emergency care facility.