24 HR. EMERGENCY CARE
Allied Veterinary team of professional and highly experienced emergency doctors and nurses provide a thorough diagnosis of each pet’s condition. We understand that each pet, owner, and situation is different and should be treated as such. We also understand what qualifies as an emergency to each pet can vary. At Allied Emergency Veterinary Hospital you can count on us to take the best possible care of your pet.
We treat the following conditions and more:
- Emergency stabilization
- Toxicity and poisonings
- Bite wounds
- Traumatic injuries (hit by car)
- Urinary obstruction in cats
- Bloat or foreign body ingestion
- Acute or chronic debilitating disease processes including:
- Diabetes, kidney failure, congestive heart failure, and pancreatitis
- Transfusion therapy – red blood cells, plasma
- Emergency surgical procedures and anesthetic monitoring
- Oxygen and respiratory therapy
- Nutritional support – feeding tube placement, IV nutrition
- Advanced pain management
- Snakebite Envenomation
Our hospital is equipped with its own laboratory including:
- IDEXX Procyte CBC – evaluates red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets
- IDEXX UA Analyzer and Sedivue – for complete urinalysis and evaluation of the urinary tract
- IDEXX Catalyst blood chemistry analyzer – analyzing organ function such as kidney, liver, pancreas, as well as electrolyte balance
- IDEXX Digital Cytology Analyzer– For rapid turn around of urine cytology, blood film analysis and other samples that may be collected via fine needle aspiration.
- IDEXX SNAP DX– processes several rapid test (parvovirus, leptospirosis, feline leukemia/FIV/HW, Canine tick-borne diseases/heartworms, canine and feline pancreatic lipase, feline proBNP) with results in under 10 minutes
- Coagulation testing – function of the ability to clot blood normally
- Blood gas analysis – analysis of function of the respiratory system and acid-base balance
In addition to providing in-house lab testing, Allied Veterinary is proud to offer both digital x-ray as well as diagnostic ultrasound. Our Sound-Eklin x-ray system is designed specifically for the needs of our veterinary office. The high-quality digital image provides the following benefits
- Allows for sharing of the digital image with you.
- Allows for sharing of the digital image with our team.
- Allows for sharing with board-certified radiologists to aid in the review of the diagnosis.
If your pet requires hospitalization, Allied Veterinary Emergency Hospital offers a state-of-the-art Intensive Care Unit (ICU) with advanced monitoring capabilities. The staff complete a large number of treatments with a focus on your pet’s comfort. The patients in our ICU are under careful observation and have a doctor and ICU nurse by their side throughout their stay.
SPECIALTY AND REFERRAL SERVICE
In the fall of 2013, Allied Veterinary added a daytime specialty and referral service to complement their exceptional emergency pet care. We are proud to be Tallahassee’s first and only 24-hour referral and emergency care facility.